Mission Petroleum Carriers
Managed network solutions for a veteran downstream oil transport company in Texas
Problem: Mission Petroleum Carriers is a bulk commodity transport company operating throughout Texas and surrounding states that was established in 1965. The company maintains a fleet of around 325 tractors and 365 trailers, transporting fuel for Walmart, Sam’s, H-E-B, Valero, and other major distributors.
Mission approached Wired Networks for several reasons. For starters, they were being bogged down by multiple carriers and invoices for WAN services. Other major issues included:
- Frequent outages
- Network downtime
- Lack of support
- Unreliable VoIP solution
- Key system maintenance
- Configuration costs
Solution: We started by condensing their number of WAN carriers from 5+ to one using MPLS. We also provided a turn-key technical installation, including equipment configuration and installation. Next, we added another carrier for back-up circuit and on-going network operations monitoring and management. Lastly, we removed PBX and moved to a highly available VoIP solution.
Headquarters: San Antonio, TX
Employees: 501 to 1,000
- Crude oil gathering and transport
- Bulk commodity transporting
The results? We were able to provide 99.99% uptime guarantee and provided (in writing) a managed service solution with a no further obligation money back guarantee. In the end, a few of the problems we solved included:
- Three invoices total instead of 10+;
- Eliminated downtime with primary/backup 99.99% network uptime guarantee;
- Removed all key systems and moved voice solution solely to a highly available hosted VoIP cloud architecture; and
- Added an additional layer of support — a third party quarterback to escalate and resolve all support issues and needs.
In summary, a few of the services and solutions we provided Mission Petroleum include:
- On-site technicians
- Project management
- Hardware configuration
- Hosted VoIP
- Back-up circuits
- Network monitoring and management (NOC)
“From organizing transportation logistics to safely delivering the final product to our customers, the network solutions provided by Wired Networks have helped us reach a new level of customer satisfaction and efficiency.”
Mission Petroleum Team
About Wired Networks
A carrier like no other, Wired Networks engineers unique technology solutions for mid-size businesses in multiple industries — including banks, automotive and recreational vehicle dealerships, and aggregate companies.
What Makes Us Different?
- Our support team provides fanatically-fast responses to our customers’ problems and questions.
- We do the full install, and offer 24/7 NOC monitoring.
- Only ONE simple monthly bill.
- Guaranteed network up-time rates of 99.99% or more.
- No finger pointing if there’s an outage, we just fix it so you can get back to work.
Most importantly: We actually deliver on our promises!